Sunday, March 6, 2011

Step 3...

Step #3...I took another (baby) step just this last week. I finally got the guts to call legal aid and start the process for the divorce. In this state I had to wait 1 year and 1 day before I was even legally allowed to file for a divorce. Well I bypassed that amount of time by a few months.
I felt like I was finally able to move forward from alot of the past. Dealing with the divorce itself now was just bringing back everything that I had spent so much time moving on from. But I finally realized I am just delaying the inevitable. More time won't make it better at this point. So I bit the bullet and now I am just waiting for a lawyer to call me back to answer some questions I need answered. Then hopefully it's just a matter of alot of paper shuffling.
Another reason I didn't want to deal with this, is it has made me feel completely isolated. I have no one to ask advice, I have no one close to me that really knows what I am going through or how to get through it unscathed. I hope it's all done and over with as quickly as possible. Putting that last bit of closer I really need into place.

No comments: