Friday, January 6, 2012

A Bit Of An Obsession

Okay, so recently, and I mean very recently, I joined Pinterest. This was something I had been avoiding for months, friends and family have been on it and kept telling me I should join. I waited out because I had heard it was a bit addicting and I just didn't see a need for it.

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, Pinterest is a site that lets people share photos and ideas from all over the web. From your favorite brands to handy household tips (like how to make your own cleaning products), to organization, clothing, designs, craft ideas (one of my favorites!), kids, pets, recipes...you get it, there is ALOT! I, like many others, have been sucked in and can't stop finding ideas!!!

One idea I found, which I just loved, I had to make. It was easy and cheap enough. The idea is taking your old T-shirt and making it into a cute scarf. I made a more chunky version with an ol' T-shirt I had here at home that I didn't wear anymore.
I liked it so much I decided to make another, this time with a T-shirt I bought for $1.

(Yea, I would never really wear this shirt either, which is why I felt no sympathy in hacking it right up with some scissors.)
*snip snip*
...then you simply cut your fringe...
....then the fun part, you just pull at each piece of fringe....
and Tada...a scarf! ☺
Easy, right? ☺
(I ended up trimming the bottom of the fringe and adding knots instead.)

I am gonna be crafty crazy! ☺

No comments: