Sunday, August 4, 2013

Getting Older

For my birthday this year, I wanted to do something so that everyone could have some fun. So we went to the museum/aquarium that just reopened nearby!
 
 
Fishing cat..she was gorgeous!
 
 Petting rays!
 
They were sooo...soft, I guess would be the best way to describe it.


 Penguins!

 "...just keep swimming..."
 
They know their stuff, also what time it is. Just a minute before their scheduled feeding time, they all started to line up at the door :)

Pretty parrot, my camera doesn't do it justice. It was having a fit in the low lighting. (My camera, not the bird, ha!)
 
 Sooo many sharks, fish, sting rays, and eels...again excuse my crappy picture. Reflecting surfaces and low lighting, make one unhappy camera.

"You're sitting on a poison dart frog."
"AHHHHHH!"
 
Turtle!
 
Full grown meerkat. They were so small, and cute! If I coulda, I woulda tried to smuggle one home in my pocket ;) 
 
They have several tortoises...
 
 ...then they got all "national geographic" on us, as they tried to make more tortoises! Avert your eyes kids!

bug pickin'...
 ...lazin' around...
...and watermelon munchin'
 
Lemur!! "they like to move it! move it!"
Can't help it, that is all I think of when I see lemurs, thanks Madagascar.
 
An unexpected peacock crossing? Haha, he came out of no where and crossed our path. Pretty boy!

Kathy was extremely disappointed that the tiger was takin' his midday snooze. You want to see a pregnant lady run? Just tell her the tiger got up! Could-not-stop-laughing. Sadly he laid back down again by the time we all booked it back over there.


"Helpppppppppppppp!!"
"One sec, don't move! I need to get a picture first!"

They did indeed have a petting zoo too, with chickens, goats and all sorts of farm critters...
 
 Cort, trying to pick which goat she wants to take home (she has always wanted one!)
 
"Good goat.."

Dinosaurs!! Roar!!?



hahahaha..
 
I had a wonderful day! Lots of love!
 ♥

No comments: