Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Did I Hear That Right?

Ok, this one time, as I was sitting at the desk. I was innocently job searching and I heard the dogs barking. Now this is nothing new, since moving here Toby has learned to bark and now I can't get him to be quiet. It's like a chain reaction, once one dog barks, they all start barking. It's making me seriously think about getting a bark **zap** collar, just to stop all this nonsense and keep things quiet around here. I am all for alerts when there is actual danger, but the cat sneezing upstairs is not something I would call an emergency worth setting the "dog alarm" off on.
Anyways, this barking was totally different, it sounded as if the dogs were outside. I thought for sure I was hearing things. After all, how could they possibly be outside. At the time I was the only one home and last I knew those knuckleheads hadn't learned how to open the door knobs yet. I jump up just to see what they are up to and what exactly they are barking at so I could proceed to tell them to just hush. As I approached the back door however, through the window I could see Toby outside?! As I got closer I saw the other two out there as well! I ran out and grabbed Boston as quickly as I could (that lil bugger runs away, luckily he had stuck around with the other two) Once I snagged him I ran in to see how they got out. Apparently the wind caught the front door (someone must not of latched it all the way, this happened once before, and it's a heavy wooden door) leaving it wide open! And all three of the dogs zipped it out the door, tearin' into the backyard barking. Guess it's a good thing they don't know how to be quiet, or who knows how long it would of been before I noticed they were all MIA.

No comments: