Friday, January 21, 2011

Someones In The Kitchen...

Some of you have heard some of the rumors going around about my cooking. I've really been into trying new recipes and all sorts of different foods for the past few months. Having willing guinea pigs has helped boost my confidence in the kitchen. As well as trying to introduce my taste buds to some new things. One awesome lil' helper is allrecipes.com. Whenever I wanna try something new I simply search on there, and with all the emails they send me about new recipes, I am never at a loss for something new to cook. The fact that I can go through my emails and pick and choose what I think might be good and add them to my online recipe box is simply fantastic! Full of comments and helpful tidbits of information from other kitchen do-gooders really helps too. I am simply in love with that site.
I also recently acquired, thanks to Aunt Karen (aka Santa), the new 'Best New England Recipes' Book from Yankee Magazine. Full of 150+ recipes, its the 75th anniversary collection of the best New England recipes...already having tried two recipes so far, I can't wait to try more! The meatloaf and yankee pot roast recipes were delish! It has everything from breakfast to desserts. After 'borrowing' Beepa's original copy, it was decided I needed my own copy, hehe, leaving me to finally return Beepa's back to her. ☺
I started such a collection of printed out recipes that I now have an entire 3 ring binder full of great go-to recipes. I am willing to try most anything now. I have conquered over bread too, which I was mighty proud of, since yeast used to intimidate me.
The real challenge has been making most everything I make lactose and gluten-free. Though I have surprisingly had little trouble with it. Just trying to watch what goes in, and substituting soy milk and gluten-free flour whenever possible.
Cooking and baking has, for one reason or another, become much more fun for me. Not to mention its just healthier, less sodium and preservatives and all that jazz. I can't wait to taste what I get to cook next. ☺

No comments: