Friday, July 22, 2011

My Pup


3 years ago today, I drove to the middle of no-where...after answering an ad on craigslist and some back and forth emails about an adorable 'lil dog.
Toby has literally followed me everyday since then.

Though I will admit, not even a week after getting him I was asking myself "Why, oh, why, did I get a dog?!". Emergency visits to the vet (was one sick pup when I got him), anxious and afraid of everything (he was abused by a previous owner), not housebroken, problematic back legs (was kept in a crate by someone for far too long),
he was shedding like a beast, and had no manners what-so-ever. I felt like I bit off way more then I could chew.
But after lots of vet visits, many many walks to get his legs better, and an abundance of re-training...I don't ask myself why I got him anymore. I love him to pieces. I know he is "just a dog" but they give out the most unconditional love and ask nothing in return. He has been with me through some of my worst stuff. And I feel lucky everyday that I have my lil' shadow

No comments: