Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slippery Lil' Sucker

I got home from work today and let Toby out. That is my number one priority when I get home. He is so excited he is just about bouncing off the walls, and he really needs to pee. So like usual, I let him out, and it was nice out, so I proceeded to go and sit on the steps off the deck. Toby was running all around our fenced in area of the yard. Go here, and pee-pee, then going there, and pee-pee some more. He has to mark everything, he is a boy after all. I was just sitting and relaxing my poor feet, which felt sooo nice. (I am on my feet all day at work.) Every once in awhile I would glance over to keep an eye on what the puppy-dog was doing. I watched him run all along the fence in the very back of the yard. Then I looked, and he looked as if he is on the other side of the fence. (It's a chain link fence, so I can see through it.) I thought my eyes were just playing a trick on me, and it was just an illusion that he was on the other side. I jumped up and started walking towards him. He was still walking along the fence, and coming towards me.
As I got closer I realized I wasn't just "seeing things", Toby was definitely on the other side of the fence. I had to quickly call him and open the gate to get him back in before he realized what he had done, and proceeded down the driveway. Sure enough, he came right back in. Now I had to figure out how the heck he managed to do that. Thinking there might be a hole in the fence, I ran back behind the shed and to the corner of the fencing. There is a, maybe three inch, gap in the fence, where our fence connects with the neighbors. And that sneaky dog slipped right through it. I don't know how he managed to squeeze through, but I saw no other way of him getting through. Geeze, now I really gotta keep an eye on him! Funny thing was, he never even knew he had done it.

No comments: