Friday, November 5, 2010

Charity Art Event 11/4/10

So last night was the actual event! What I have been paintin' like crazy for and getting anxious about for about a month now, is all done!
After hours in the car, Beepa and I finally met up with Cortney and we all arrived for the 1st annual Charity Art Event to benefit Alzheimer's disease. It was held at an immaculately kept senior living community:

First thing we had to do, was run everything in and get our tables all set up:

Cortney getting all set up... Trying to get my table all set up...
Cort was ready to go...
I was just about done with my rearranging and nit picking...but was still waiting on my display cards...

There they are....
The artiste next to her paintings ☺ Tada...ready to sell my stuff!

I musta heard "those are so cute!" from everyone that came through the room :-p Now if only they had bought them all too, hehe. In all Cortney and I sold 4 pieces each...all my snowmen and snowman 'bucket' went. Turn out was low from the rain..but we still raised $1,026!! Not bad for a handful of artists and most of us not knowing what we were doing.☺I still have hopes of selling more (I never thought of it beforehand but was asked a few times for a business card...learned my lesson on that one). I do have some people from the event that still want to buy some stuff and will keep in contact with me.

I was proud of myself for facing my fears and going, a couple years ago there was no way I would of even considered it.

I almost forgot to mention...we had free wine, woohoo!! And Beepa entered in one of the raffles and WON~ a portable DVD player! YAY!!

It was alot of fun and wouldn't mind possibly doing it again next year! ☻

No comments: