Thursday, July 31, 2008

School Days

While studying my course, I just hit a point where I have to brush back up on my grammar skills. All that adverbs and adjectives mumbo-jumbo. Something I always thought back in school I would have to learn once, and never really have to think about it again. At least not think too hard on it, hehe. Got me to think though, when did I become an adult?? I guess I know when that happened, a big step was getting married. But sometimes I miss being a kid. When I was in school, I couldn't wait to get out! I always heard from adults that I should count myself lucky, because once they were out, most of them wished they were back in. Oh the joys of responsibility, oye! To be a kid again, and not have a care in the world, your biggest concern was what to wear to school the next day. Or once spring hit, when was dad going to get our bikes down out of the shed, so we could be free again. Oh, and hoping and praying for those snow days in winter, be up at the crack of dawn to listen by the radio, fingers crossed you would hear your school be called. I remember those days all too clearly, and some days I wish for them back. Even though at the time, I dreaded them, especially school, I still wish for them. Now I am the adult, which sometimes scares me, but I just move on with what I am doing and try and forget about it. I can't believe that in less then a week it will be my birthday, and I will be turning 27 years old. I don't feel that old, time really does fly by. But I am at a point now, where I think I should be, married, moved out of state (which I never thought would happen), own a house, trying to make myself a career. I am so thankful for all that I have, and the family that helped me get this far in my life. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to be a kid again so I can blame my 'special' moments on my lack of experience, instead of having to now blame it on my own clumsiness and pure stupidity!