Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Internet Still Amazes Me

As some of you may know, my mother-in-law Mary moved back to NY a couple of weeks ago. After living here awhile she decided that she missed her friends and her church, so she found a job and a place to live up north and off she went.
She wasn't able to take all of her things with her, so she asked us just the other day to try and sell what was left behind. So yesterday afternoon I thought, I'll just pop the stuff up on craigslist.com (same place I found our dog Toby) with some pictures and see what happens. I thought, give it a couple weeks or so and we might get some people that want to buy the stuff.
I was in complete shock, within less then five minutes of posting the first thing for sale (a desktop computer, kinda old, but works good) I had an email from someone that already wanted to buy it. I got non stop emails all night, and still getting them this morning. Last night, a nice couple came and bought the computer desk and chair, loaded that up and they were gone! Not too long after that, a gentleman came and bought the computer. No haggle over price, within minutes cash was in our hand and that bedroom was getting more empty. We couldn't believe how quickly and how many responses we got, and are still getting. The most expensive thing was a beautiful bed she is selling, I have already gotten half a dozen people that want it. Just goes to show I guess, that craigslist can work! Alot better then I ever thought it would! Now I just gotta keep Mike away from it, before he keeps trying to sell stuff of ours, hehe.

No comments: