Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Do You See, What I See?

I was reminded today that Christmas is just around the corner. This wasn't by the stores, which have had Christmas stuff out for weeks and are already playing Christmas music. It wasn't by all the commercials that are on now, reminding you to start shopping either.
While washing some dishes today, I looked up and out my kitchen window. I actually stopped what I was doing, and watched in aww. I saw snow drifting every which way in my backyard!! In North Carolina, in November?! I couldn't believe it. It didn't amount to anything, in fact if I hadn't witnessed it, I would of never known it snowed at all, since there isn't a speck outside now. But it gave me an instant feeling of warmth, family, and Christmas. I hope that we get some snow down here for the holidays!!
Speaking of holidays, I better get my kiester going and rummage through my recipes, so I can make something to bring for Thanksgiving!

No comments: