Saturday, January 17, 2009

Huh?

I thought this was just an odd observation. I went to the store with my shopping list, like usual. I meandered over to the pain reliever aisle. It was just that time of the month, and I like most woman I get every symptom you can think of. So I was searching for a woman's 'best friend'...a bottle of Midol. I spy a newer, stronger version and read the back, it had bold lettering warning of stomach bleeding, etc. Ahh, I dropped that right back where I found it. I grab the regular stuff and took a more detailed look then I usually do (after reading the last bottle). They had regular stuff like "Ask your doctor before use if you have: glaucoma or a breathing problem" blah blah. The one that really caught my eye was "Ask you doctor before use if you have difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland." What???!! I kinda laughed, through it in my cart and went about my shopping.

******************************

Something else amusing happened the other night. Mike and I were watching The History Channel, they had some show about all the newest non-lethal weapons. Anyways right before every commercial they give you fun little facts. Well, one of them was: In 1994, the military was going through some old paperwork. They came across old plans for what was called the "gay bomb". This bomb was suppose to make those around it want to "make love, not war". I kid you not, this was a fact! Mike and I just looked at each other and started to laugh! Who thought that one up?

No comments: