Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who Woulda Thought

I was getting "my face on" the other morning, when Mike hollered to me. He asked me to run in the bedroom and see what was on the TV. So I go in and see someone on HGTV (fun channel that is often on when we are both home) updating their Victorian home. "Look at the room layout." he tells me. I look, and its the exact layout of our bedroom of our apartment in NH.
Just before we got married, Mike got a bigger apartment, since he would no longer be living alone, and the apartment he had before in Concord was more like a closet. We still gotta laugh when we think of that first place he called 'home' in NH. Anyways, when he got the apartment in Penacook, it was an old Victorian house, that someone had converted into apartments. Still had all the huge old rope windows, original molding and plaster walls. The reason he called me in to see what he was watching, we noticed right away, that the layout these people had in their dining room, was the exact layout we had in our bedroom. So naturally, we came to the conclusion, that we used to sleep in the old dining room. Was kinda weird, and interesting. Sometimes we still miss that place. Didn't have the best insulation or windows, or the best parking situation, or neighbors. But it was the first place that we called home together.

*And talk about poor planning. When I lived in Loudon, I went to school (20 minutes away) in Penacook. Then when I moved to Penacook (1 minute away from my school) I worked in Loudon. Hmm?*

No comments: