Friday, August 5, 2011

30!


Holy guacamole, I am 30!?? How did that happen...ok ok, I know how it happened...I just can't believe I've been around for so long. I hear alot of "30 is the new 20". Course, that's all the 30-somethings saying that, since they don't want to feel old...haha. But really, I was completely dreading moving out of my 20's. Though I have some white hairs to give my age away, I don't really feel like I am 30. I do feel a smidgen wiser, and slightly more mature, but just a teeny bit. ☺
What really brought me around though was what happened on Monday, the car accident changed how I looked at alot of stuff. Stupid squabbles, and ages....when I kept saying "I don't wanna be 30!" I hadn't meant that I wanted to not be around before then! So when Thursday rolled around I was more then happy to have my birthday and become another year older. Wave goodbye to my 20's and all that happened in them. I learned alot, I am more humble and so much more grateful for all that I do have. Though I have gone through struggles and some rough times, things in my life could be so much worse. I am safe, have a roof over my head, I am surrounded by loving family, and have all my immediate needs met. Along with my pets...I am truly blessed. So here is to 30 and all that it brings! I am ready to start anew. ☺

No comments: