Monday, August 29, 2011

☺ Mixed Emotions ☻

Today was the day, today was court day! Today brought to an end something that started over two years ago when I left my home and my husband for good. Today is the end of a long road of court papers and procedures and alot of waiting. Today I woke up half terrified with overwhelming bouts of anxiety and panic thinking about having to go to court.
Arriving at court on time left us (me and my super supporters!) waiting another half hour to start. Then calendar calls (basically attendance roll calling and seeing if you are ready) Somehow I ended up in the middle of the mix of lawyers. Then after twenty or so minutes of that, I was all of a sudden called! I was the first person. I was shocked, I wanted to see someone else before me so I could know to do all the right stuff. It was kind of a blessing, it left me little time to think...thinking leaves me too much time to make myself even more nervous.

I had to go up to the prosecutors table (microphones everywhere, super intimidating!) all by myself, then was swiftly brought up to the witness stand. I was sworn in, and asked to present my evidence. I pulled out my pre-filled in testimony paper and just talked into the microphone as I read from my little paper. I could hear the fear quivering in my voice. When I was finished, the judge asked for my paperwork and asked me to step down. Back to my little table I went. Did I mention the court room was filled with people from all the cases that day?!

I was hoping and praying that the judge was signing my stuff and got confirmation when he said, "You got your divorce Ms. M...." I received my paperwork from the bailiff and was not even out of the court room before I burst into tears. Tears of happiness, sadness, grief and so much relief. It was over! Just like that, what I have been waiting for, for so long now, was over! I could start my life again! No more Mrs. A...my whole ordeal was over. I feel free again, with so much weight lifted off my shoulders.

A HUGE thank you to all those that have been behind me through all this, I could not have done this alone. Needed all that love and support to help get me here! ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So unbelievably proud to call you my siser heart u

Mom said...

It can be so sad to have something and then have it yanked away but in the end some day you will see the wisdom of it all. So raise a glass to Some Day. We love you