Monday, August 1, 2011

...That's Why They Call Them Accidents

Without trying to sound all dramatic, this past week has been, life changing. A few days ago, Beepa and I were out and about going to places like the bookstore and department stores.
Then while going down the wrong road at the wrong time, we came to an intersection.
We were hit by a large pick-up truck. Eye witnesses said our car spun, and we then hit another car head on. I don't remember all that much, just flashes of what happened, and then us trying to clamor out of the car afterwards. Trying to wrap our heads around what had just happened.
Luckily, and by the grace of God, no one was seriously hurt. The drivers in the other vehicles were just fine, and Beepa and I were able to walk away, with no more then small cuts and bruises on our legs and arms. I received a burn from the airbags and we were certainly feeling the muscle aches and pains the next day. I am SO so thankful that was all that happened. Thank you seat belts, thank you airbags, and most of all Thank you God! I haven't taken what happened lightly. I may have even been beating myself up a little too much, since I was the one driving. But I can say, I have never been so grateful in all my life. I am going to be taking on driving again, very slowly.

No comments: