Friday, February 10, 2012

An Escapee!

This morning wasn't quite so ordinary....after getting up and feeding the dogs like I usually do. I noticed something was missing. My little kitty Lily wasn't around. After a quick house search we all came to the conclusion she must of snuck outside, AGAIN! She has become quite the escape artist, she's fasttttt when any kind of exit is open!
Usually however, she keeps near the house and she is quickly retrieved. (She was declawed by her previous owner, my ex-mother in law, so her being an outdoor kitty isn't really an option.) This morning, she not only didn't keep near the house, she didn't even keep to her own yard!! After going around the entire yard/woods and some of the neighbors yards (myself and my search and rescue crew) she was still MIA. After an hour of this I was getting frantic and upset. Not having her front nails I worry about her, maybe too much.
I was just about to give up for the time being, when she finally came running from the neighbors horse pasture...I ran outside and she came running right into my arms! I do NOT want to go through that again, so we decided she needs a bell!

Perhaps a cow bell?? That might slow the lil' bugger down ;-)

No comments: