Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I have noticed (via facebook, etc.) that some people despise this day. I, even after going through a nasty divorce, still like Valentine's day. I don't think of it as a shove in my face of other happy couples. It's just another day to celebrate and recognize that I am lucky enough to have people in my life to love and love me back. Whether they be my family, friends or my pets, as opposed to a significant other. Doesn't matter to me. If I have learned anything, it's that life is too short to be bitter and pout. Life it what you make of it, and I plan to make any holiday as special as I want it.
I spent my day cleaning, and cooking (and avoiding mini disasters, like the crock pot coming alive and sparking). Made my family Valentine's pink, white chocolate chip, cookies.
So what if I am not out on a date, smothered in valentines, roses and chocolates....get over it single people. It's not about that.

Though it does so happen I did get a valentine delivery...and I love it! Miniature potted roses!!! I love that they will last me more then a few days...Thank you again to my Valentine!! ♥
And Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! ♥

No comments: