Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Day I Became Mrs. A.

Like most brides, I will never forget my wedding day. Three years ago today Mike and I were married! Despite the leftovers of Hurricane Katrina showing up at our wedding, the day was perfect. The day we planned for, for a year came quick. Woke up early that morning (didn't sleep much anyways) showered and put on my face mask (via Michele's instructions) and watched my mom put the final touches on the bouquets and put together the boutonnieres. Then we loaded up the vehicles, dresses, mums and all, and headed up to Castle in the Clouds. Once we arrived we were able to take our time...had the whole place to ourselves. Aunt Elaine did hair, and Michele did my nails and make-up, while we all dillydallied and made up the reception tables.
Not too long after that, everything seemed like a blur. I do remember waiting at the top of the stairs, all done up and dressed in my gown, waiting to get the go ahead to get into the trolley to make our decent up the mountain. Then my dad came up the stairs, I will never forget his face. I quickly had to look at the floor, and told him not to look at me anymore, because he was making me tear up, and I didn't want to ruin my make-up yet, hehe.
Next thing I knew, we were whooshed onto the trolley...and heading up the mountain, everyone was raving about the rainbow. I was busy trying to make sure that I didn't slide off the seat...lacquered wood, and a smooth wedding gown, don't mix well.
I have to thank all our guests for sticking it out, it was chilly that day, and drizzling (unlike the year before when we visited and finalized the date) but I was determined that we would get married out in the garden.
I never had a twitter of doubt in my mind of what I was doing. Marrying Michael was what I was meant to do. My parents both walked me down the "aisle" and all I remember after that is Mike's face. I honestly don't remember our vows, what others said was a long ceremony, seemed to go quickly. I was oblivious to what else was going on, I never even noticed them put the chair underneath my dress! (I didn't know til I saw photos after, and asked what was wrong with my dress?? hehe)
Before I knew it, we were hitched. After congrats and more pictures, we headed back down the mountain on the trolley, all aglow :-) Had a great reception...





And I would do it all over again. Here's to 3 years...and counting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful wedding and reception. You were a radiant bride! Happy Anniversary!

Love, Aunt Marianne

Anonymous said...

I remember that wondrful day too. Ever bride and groom experience the blur until they see each other and remember why it was all worth it. I felt that way too. Happy Annaversary to you both . Love MOm AND dAD

Mrs N said...

Thanks for the recap, as your poor cousin marooned in the West, I couldn't be there, so it was great to read your retelling! You look totally gorgeous!!!!!