Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling More Like Home

While driving down the road to go shopping the other day, Mike and I took the time to point out all the scenery to each other. North Carolina is beautiful! I wish I had brought my camera (not something I would of thought of when just going to the grocery store). The "girls" were out when we left, a sight that automatically makes me feel warm inside (there is a farm down the road from us...the cows were out, or what Cortney called them when she was little...moo-cows, which I still call them once in awhile). I still have some memories of living on the dairy farm when I was very little. Something most people won't say, yes, the smell of cow manure makes me feel at home, hehe.

As we traveled along the road, it gets much more country, the houses are sparse, and there is just open fields and trees everywhere. The trees are all starting to change, we constantly pointed out to each other the vibrant colors starting to peak through the leaves. Not to long afterwards we came across thousands of cosmos, in very bright colors of white, pink and purple, just lining the fields along the road. Cosmos brought back memories of when I worked at the greenhouse, oh, how those plagued my life then, hehe.

North Carolina feels much more like home now, with all the changing leaves. Some days it looks just like New Hampshire, and I have to remind myself of where I am. In about four months, we will of been here a year, hard to believe. Sometimes I hate it here, some days I love it. One thing is for sure, it is starting to grow on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you hate? We are going to Grandfather mountain (Beepa and I and "Maggie") Tuesday. To get more pictues of fall . We love it all the time! Kisses Mom