Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No Peeking 'Til Christmas!

Mike and I were doing some last minute grocery shopping on Monday night. We are walking the aisles and we came upon a 'cute as can be' dog toy of a stuffed squirrel. Our dog Toby already has a small collection of realistic looking stuffed toys (he has his turkey, and a bunny) and knowing his love of chasing the squirrels in his yard we thought it would be a cute stocking stuffer for him (yes I have a stocking for our pets, doesn't everyone?)
We head home, wanting to just put everything away as quickly as possible so that we can relax with each other before going to work the next day.
We are both in the kitchen emptying the grocery bags when I hear a squeak. I never saw Toby even come near the bags that were sitting on the kitchen floor, so I hoped, but kinda had an inkling, that Toby hadn't found his xmas gift. I peeked around the corner into the dining room hoping that he had his bunny (he loves that thing!) Nope, I saw bunny laying all alone on the living room floor. I look in the other direction, and there is our dog with that squirrel in his mouth, still in its packaging and Toby is going crazy with it! Freakin' sneaking dog...we still don't know how he found it so quickly, or how we didn't see him steal it. But at that point we couldn't take it away, he was freaking out over it. So I just cut it free from its package and gave it back to him, he played with it for the next 2 hours until he tired himself out. Glad he liked it so much, but I wish he had waited until Christmas morning, that lil' Christmas peeper.

Toby, with his prized squirrel.

Hope Everyone has a Merry Christmas!

No comments: