Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One More Down

I was sitting at my desk, studying, and minding my own business. When from the corner of my eye, I saw a huge mass of color rush by the window (the window is located directly behind my computer monitor). I looked up at the tree outside, only to see the branch moving wildly. I stood up and looked in the direction that the object went...just in time to see a red-tailed hawk land in a tree with a squirrel in its talons. I was able to grab my camera and get one picture before he flew off with his meal.
I keep telling lil' Lily not to run outside, because he would love to eat her. And he is definitely sticking around our neighborhood.
But glad he is eating some of our squirrels! We have wayyyy to many of those lil' varments. Sorry squirrels.

I almost forgot, that was my 5th encounter with Mr. Hawk (for the heck of it, we will call him a he). Back in October, when my mom and Beepa were visiting, we came upon him, yet again. He was just standing on one of my neighbors front lawns with a small snake he had caught. Mom got some pictures (as I didn't have my camera at the time). I just now remembered that I have the photos. He was playing with his lunch. :-)

No comments: