Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Old Age

This was just too silly not to tell. I was helping Mike this past weekend strip some floors where he works. Like I mentioned before, Mike is the manager at a rehabilitation and nursing center. Part of his job is to strip some of the floors (of their wax) once a month. There was no one to help him, so he asked me. By the way, he was quite impressed with my stripping skills, hehe. No one has ever seen a woman run a buffer as well as I. He was proud of his good stripper wife, hehehe. My mother would really appreciate that. Okay, getting my mind out of the gutter...

As we worked periodically a resident would come up to us to say hello and watch. (what else do they have for entertainment from 7pm-5am). This one lil ol woman caught my attention, she was wondering the halls, scooting herself along in her wheelchair. She came up to us and asked if we had a cigarette and a pepsi, an odd request. Mike said no, he didn't have either one. So she proceeded to ask me if I had a cigarette, I told her sorry, but I don't smoke. So she went along down the hall saying "I want a cigarette and a pepsi!" to anyone that would listen. Mike told me later that she asked people for that all the time. And one of the first things that popped into my head was my dad. As I told Mike, I can see it now, when my dad is old, and gray... he will be wondering around, asking everyone for a cigarette and a pepsi, hehehe. Everyone that knows my dad knows how right I am. I love my dad more then I can express, but he will be a crotchety ol' man when he's older, spitting out his teeth for laughs, and harassing others for a "cigarette and a pepsi". :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Head T,
I laughe dmy head off and tired to call but I think your service may be out due to storms...Loved the Nativity one and the comments about Daddy!!! That will be him!!!

Love Auntie Liz