Friday, August 15, 2008

Auntie's Liz's Visit!

Well, Thursday my Auntie Liz arrived safely for her 6 day visit!! So freakin' excited she is here! We had a big sleep over at our house, Mom, Beepa, Auntie Liz, Cortney, and the dogs. :-) Spent most of the day at the South Point mall, didn't even get to see half of it, cuz they were spending so much time shopping in Sears and Macy's of all places, hehe. However Friday was much more fun, we went to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. We went and saw the butterfly pavilion, and saw them release new tropical butterflies!! It's this HUGE greenhouse full of tropical plants, birds and butterflies. We also saw other stuff like bears and creepy crawly insects, didn't get a chance to see all there was their either, we were on a time crunch. It was so much fun though, even had some of the butterflies land right on us! Unfortunately, with all the rushing around before we left the house, I forgot my camera!!! I was not too pleased with myself. I will just have to go again with Michael some time, so he can see and I can take pictures. (Mike had to work, he has been working alot lately.) We really enjoyed the museum, so many things to look at and discover. I will be spending the weekend at my parents, and we will be going here and there and doing more exploring!



I sneaked some pictures that Auntie Liz was able to take, cuz unlike me, she remembered to bring her camera :-)Ahhh, tarantula!! And yah, that would be mom, trying to "pet" the lil guy through the glass. :-)



This Owl butterfly took turns landing on all of us, hitchin' a ride throughout the greenhouse.



We were too busy lookin' at these Huge spiders hanging from the ceiling to realize...but soon I discovered, there was NO GLASS separating us from them!! Freaked us all out. To quote Cortney, "That was a total Harry Potter moment!" Same kinda incident that happened in Harry Potter, only this was a spider, not a snake, hehe.



I don't even remember what these are called...but I instantly recognized them, from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"! When Willie first left her room and went into the temple, with all the bugs...she eventually gets a light, and turns her hand over, to discover this lil guy in the palm of her hand!!! eek! (Yes, I watch too much Indiana Jones)

No comments: