Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What a day...

Today was not like any other day. Today was....well, special. Started out with a job interview for medical record keeping. Simple enough, get all dressed nice and head down to the place. So I did, only to find out that they will soon be adding on a new job to that job, and I don't exactly qualify for it, because I don't know all of my medicine yet. Fine, fare enough, nice to meet you, thanks for your time, a lil peeved they didn't tell me this beforehand, but I move on. I rush home, because I left the dog alone in the house. Trying to be smart (because in the past Toby has had some problems with holding it in til someone gets home) I did what my husband suggested...blocked off the rest of the house with chairs so that the dog is confined to the kitchen, less chance of him going potty, and if he does, easy clean up flooring.
Yah right, I arrive home, no more then an hour from when I left to find the kitchen empty...no dog...crap!! I call him, and I hear the jingle of his collar far off into the house. I don't know where he was but he comes running, and slips back into the kitchen. (the chairs were no problem for him) While he is busy bouncing around because he is excited I didn't abandon him for all eternity, I quickly run the house to make sure he didn't "leave his mark" anywhere. To my amazement, everything looked good. So I rush him outside, still bouncing like a mexican jumpin' bean, I try and calm him down and have him sit, bad idea, he is so excited he pees on my shoe and pant leg while sitting, Ahh!! So I leave him outside, in the fenced in yard, while I rush in to rinse myself off.
Now most of the time, he will just sit outside the back door, waiting to be let in. So I expected the same this time. I don't know why...I finish cleaning off, and open the door to let him in, only to find him not there....I look over, and he is on the other side of the fence, taking a whizz, happy as can be (lil bugger musta slipped thru the small gap on the deck)....I open the gate, and politely tell him to get his butt over here, he runs right in, and into the house...All I could do was laugh, he hadn't run away (though he slipped through the railing on the deck) or gone potty in the house (after too easily slipping through the chairs)...but geeze Toby, keepin' me on my toes aren't you. Needless to say, we will be purchasing some gates, and fixin' that gap on the deck :-)

No comments: