Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Autumn

Mike and I were talking last night, and we both agree, we can't wait until autumn arrives!!!! I don't quite know when the cooler weather will set in down here, since we have only been here since February. The summer actually isn't any hotter then it would be in NH, which surprised us a little, but it was a nice surprise, since I am not one that likes the heat. We do admit though, it is a great luxury to have central air, and we have grown very accustom to it!
But just thinking about the colder weather and being able to wear warmer clothes again, gets us all a tizzy :-) Makes us feel more at home, snuggled in a sweatshirt or fleecy, outdoors, and the cool air on your cheeks!! That smell of the brisk outdoors, I freakin' love it!!! I will have a hard time staying indoors! We plan on getting alot more yard work done then too, less bugs and critters. Maybe get in a camping trip.
I know it won't be too long from now, we are already seeing some leaves change, and the squirrels are gorging themselves on the hickory nuts from our tree. (Our backyard looks like a nut massacre!!!)
One thing I will miss is being in NH...that is my favorite place to be, in my favorite times of the year (autumn, and Christmas time)...We will have to see what it's like down south in the fall, can't wait!

No comments: