Friday, September 12, 2008

Critters

Now, just to state the obvious, there are alot more critters down south then where I grew up. For instance, we take Toby for a walk every night, and we tend to take the same route because it conveniently loops around. About half way through our walk, we walk into a more wooded area and we went a little late last night, so it was starting to get dark.
We are moseying along and Toby steps directly on what looks like a twig in the middle of the road. I follow behind him and came upon the "twig" only to realize, that was no twig. It was small, but it was very much a copperhead snake!!!! It didn't move, so I thought it was dead, in the middle of road, could of easily been run over, wrong!!! I squint to see better (it was pretty dark at this point), while not getting too close, and the freakin' thing moves! I scream, Mike runs over, and yells at me to get away, and get the dog away, then starts to repeatedly ask me if I am sure that Toby didn't get bit. Since our goofy pup stepped directly on the thing. I was sure, the snake never moved, and besides, I pointed out that we would of heard the dog yelp. He yelps if a stiff blade of grass pokes him by surprise, hehe. Anyways, we booked it, and were sure to keep Toby out of the tall grass the rest of the walk, and kept a better eye out where we placed our feet.


If that wasn't weird enough. As most have seen, we have a balcony attached to our master bedroom. We have curtains that go over the glass doors that lead out to the balcony, so the neighbors don't get an eye-full. This morning, like I do most every morning, I opened the curtains to let the sun in for the day, and didn't pay much attention as I did so. Not until I saw Lilly (the kitty) sitting on the carpet poking at the glass. I look at what she is trying to play with to find a frog stuck on the other side of the glass..? I don't know how it got there, it's beyond me how he squeezed through the screen door, to get to the glass door, and that's after somehow getting up to the balcony. All I do know is, that he died there, stuck to the door.

I'm afraid of what I will find next.

No comments: