Friday, September 5, 2008

There Goes Hanna

Tropical Storm Hanna came and went with out much of a fuss. Luckily most of the storm stayed to the east of us. We got a good amount of rain and wind, but only a small stream came through our yard and under the house; as appose to the rapid river from T.S. Fay. We came to the conclusion that we definitely need better drainage around the house and driveway, something we hope to remedy maybe this fall, if possible.
The funny thing was, after the storm when Mike and I went grocery shopping. (As the sun was shining brightly and everything was drying up.) When we got there we found that the store was pretty much cleaned out, I guess alot of people were expecting more then what we got, or they are paranoid. Like in NH, whenever we were suppose to get snow (no matter how little) people always went crazy, crowded the stores and bought everything in sight. Can anyone tell me why they do that? I don't know if I am the only one that sees no reason to go all wacky and buy as much food as I can fit in my fridge. Besides, what happens to all that food if your electricity goes out during the storm, and you don't have a generator? hehe

No comments: