Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jeepers Creepers

It's kinda funny that just last week I brought the subject up with Mike. "I wonder when our bats will be back?" All summer we had bats out every night eatin' up all our bugs. I was ok with them, as long as they didn't get too close to me. I've had a couple close calls before when just stepping out the door at night, and they realized in mid-swoop that I popped out the door.
Anyways, out on a walk tonight with Mr. Toby, as the sun was setting and it was getting dark quick. The bats made their reappearance. It was certainly warm enough. Only thing was, the two bats that I spied, one of them almost hit me right in the head! That lil' guys sonar musta been a lil off. Not too long afterwards that tune snuck into my head..."Jeepers, creepers-where'd yah get them peepers... Jeepers, creepers, where'd yah get them eyes..." like a broken record. It weirded me right out. I hate that movie 'Jeepers Creepers.' For some reason it gave me nightmares and I haven't really been able to watch it since. It even ruined that song for me...it just creeps me out. Made me walk much faster on that last stretch before home.




**Another thing...I have come to the conclusion that Toby has the same sized bladder as a small African Elephant!**

No comments: