Friday, February 20, 2009

Sore Subject

Don't I know how to rough up a touchy subject. For me, racism has been always something that you saw on TV. Some kinda after*school*special about how to treat others. Or some horrible crime you see on the news in a big city. Growing up where I did, it in no way was a every day reality. It hardy touched my life at all. I kinda knew moving down here that would change a little.
Since moving here and seeing the way some things are. I started to say that people overly use the racist card. Some people try to point the finger at anyone that won't move the world to please them. Saying if they won't do whatever that they asked, that person is racist! Which is a bunch of bullsh!t. Alot of people need to lighten up, and realize what year it is. If I look at you funny, its probably cuz of the saying written on your shirt, or cuz your spilling out of your pants, it's not because of your skin color. Get over yourself.
I am polite to everyone I see, until your rude to me. If your really nice, I will be super nice to you. No matter what color you are, or gender, or age, or how funny lookin' you are, or how you smell, your nice to me, I'm nice to you. Kinder garden stuff really. I become "racist", if you can call it that, against certain individuals, as per they act and speak towards me. Like I said, you act like an @ss, I can too!
Anyways, what really got me going on this, is I am being discriminated against myself. At work of all places. I won't even get into the Mieneke company we went to, that advertised on their business card, that they are owned and operated only by minority. So I already know if I apply, they won't hire me, just because, I am white. That seems real logical. People were maybe racist against them, so lets be racist to the rest of the population on purpose. Yup, that's the way to bring the south out of this stupid bickering alot of them seem to be in.
I have two woman at work, that obviously hate me, just because I am not of the same race. I know there are more, they are just not as open about it to my face. These two in particular are trying to get me fired. Sweet of them isn't it. I am sure you can hear the disdain through my typing. It makes me upset. I spent most of Thursday at work, crying all day. After hearing what lies they told about what happened the day before. How on earth, asking someone to shut a door, so I don't have to smell their cigarette smoke, when they aren't in a designated smoking area in the first place! And asking someone to OK it by someone else, if they take socks! How that turned into me being rude and swearing at them?! They just down right lied through their teeth, to of course, someone else that dislikes white people. I don't have much of a chance. Mike already asked me if I wanted to be taken off the schedule. I wanted to say yes. But the b*tch in me said, no. I don't want them to feel like they won and achieved their goal. I know there were already rumors swirling around everywhere. They are all a bunch of gossips, and some of it got back to me. The story has probably now warped into her slapping me first, and I then jumped her and pulled off her hair piece!
Part of me cares, and part of me doesn't. I know the truth of what happened. And as I always try and tell Mike. Karma is a b*tch in heels, and it will catch up with them. I made out a written statement today so they can read my side. Not that alot of them care, but, they are going to read it anyway. I was in the right every step of the way. I don't know how much longer I will keep working there, especially if it keeps up like this. But they haven't chased me out yet. I was mostly upset, because, I was raised different. I don't treat people that way, so don't treat me that way.
Don't get me wrong, not everyone down here is like that. It's mostly those older then my generation. And it depends on the areas you go into. Those two women are just two jerks in a longgg line of really nice people. We are in a city, so figure the math, bigger population, higher percentage of jerks. This experience however has cemented our decision to move out of the city, and more into the country. :-)
Thanks for listening to me vent. I needed that, I feel better now.

No comments: