Monday, February 9, 2009

Super Weekend

This past weekend was just wonderful. We (Mike, Toby and I) went to my parents on Saturday. We took our time and enjoyed the ride. The weather was beautiful! Once we got there we wasted no time and got a fire going outside. Gotta love having your dinner cooked right over a fire.
Sunday morning we awoke bright and early. All waiting in anticipation to meet Cortney's Brandon. A very nice, down to earth young man. I think I can say that everyone liked him.

After a big scrumptious breakfast we thought we would let the dogs go and run around in the field. That quickly became a game of 'catch the football'. Not too long into it, I elegantly went ass over tea kettle into the grass. Thanks to the small rolling hills out in Mom and Dad's front yard. I was laughing so hard that I started to cry and could not breathe.

Not to be outdone, Mike later took a spill while making a running leap to catch the ball. He made it look good. All while trying not to step on Abby's head. The dogs were going crazy trying to run from person to person to keep up with the football.

Later we had some pizza out on the front porch and vegged. We had to pinch ourselves...it's early February, and here we are out in the sun and it's in the 70's.

We hated to go home, and back to reality. We had a blast. I couldn't ask for a better family, or a better weekend.

No comments: