Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I won!! But nothing good...

I don't know how I can't win a contest, or the lottery. But when it comes to getting randomly drawn for things I don't want, it always seems to happen to me. Like for example, a few years ago. I was one of those lucky people that was selected for jury duty. My first thought "noooooo!!! how did they find me? darn it!!" I went, because I had too. And I served on two different juries on two totally different cases. The first was a simple, 'You hit my car with your car, and now I am gonna sue you!'
We had to all load up on a school bus and visit the 'scene of the crime' too. I was very familiar with where the accident happened. The only interesting thing about that case, was the judge reminded me of Judge Judy. She looked like her, and had the same, no B.S. attitude. Also the physical therapist that had to testify wasn't too bad lookin'. (I was single at the time, I could look.)
The second case I had to serve as juror on was an "attempted felonious sexual assault". That was so boring the judge (this time a guy) fell asleep in the middle of court one day!! The bailiffs quickly ran all us jurors out of the court room. We thought it was funny. Until they turned up the a/c for the rest of the day to keep him awake (it was cold!). Anyways, that was all about a guy, that supposedly broke into a bathroom stall in the ladies room, while a woman was going pee. And he was "exposed" and tried to force her to do some things that are totally inappropriate. Unfortunately we had to do a 'field trip' there too! Eww, it was a very creepy bar, even in the daylight. I never heard the word p*nis so many times in my life! I think the defendant's attorney liked to say that word, hehe.
One reason I got to this subject is, I got chosen, at random, for another stupid thing. Yet another, you have to do this by law deal. Our home was "randomly" chosen by the US Census Bureau for some kinda American Community Survey. This "survey" is more like a book! It even comes with its own 'mini book' just to explain how to fill everything out. I feel like I am gonna flunk a test! eek! And of course if I don't do it, I'm in trouble, since "by law" I have to fill it out. Damn it! I guess they only do it every 10 years. Why couldn't they of done it last year :-p I wouldn't of lived here yet, hehe.
That's it, next time I "win" something, I want it to be the lottery!! Aren't I due?? Pretty please! :-)

No comments: