Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Song

Yesterday morning, while at work, I was listening to my usual radio show. I listen to the same group of DJs every morning that I work, 'Bob and the Showgram', with "Kentucky Kristen" and Mike, are hilarious. The head honcho (Bob) likes country music. Despite the station not being a country station. I grew up with country music, so I have a fondness for it, but I don't usually listen to it. So it was a little odd yesterday when Bob started talking about this song that he heard that made him tear up and cry a bit. He even got his wife (of whom he has two little girls with) to take a listen too, and she even cried (he claims this is a very rare occurrence). He then proceeded to play the song on the air. I must say, while listening to it, I teared up a little. The song is a bit corny, but it's sweet. And as he said, if your a daughter, or have a daughter, or a granddaughter....just something about the song tugs at you a little. When I listened to it, it made me think of my Dad. The song is "Barbie Bandaids" by The Isaacs. I think you should take a listen to it if you can.

No comments: